Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Addy's water gourd- changes?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member horsemom's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2003
    Posts
    649
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Anybody have an old Addy water gourd? Was it a real gourd pre-mattel or was it always made of plastic?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member sharlit's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 2003
    Posts
    293
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have a real gourd. The year I was supposed to get it for Christmas it was not there in time due to that year's gourd harvest being poor due to flooding if I remember correctly. Maybe it was drought -- one of those extremes! I think I got all the rest of Addy's meet accessories and the gourd came a couple months later.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Miss M's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    64
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That happened to me too! If I remember correctly the accessories came with a note that said something about how the drought had affected the crops and thus there was a problem with getting so many little gourds and they would be sending it later (I think it was March or so) I'll see if I still have it and can post what it said exactly if anyone is interested.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member horsemom's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2003
    Posts
    649
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks- I now know to look on ebay for an earlier version of her accessories!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Kit_Girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    313
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I remember when I got my Addy and her meet accessories it was a real gourd, but I didn't have to wait for mine.
    Tracy

  6. #6
    Inactive Member annkirstin's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    405
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow, I wish I had gotten a real gourd! That would've been so cool! Mine is very obviously plastic. [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member JAdder's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 31st, 2002
    Posts
    141
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    So is mine I didn't even know they used as real gourd until someone here told me. I got a real cork in though.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Ann (Leia at heart):
    Wow, I wish I had gotten a real gourd! That would've been so cool! Mine is very obviously plastic. [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">mine too [img]frown.gif[/img] and I have an early version of her accessories.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member annkirstin's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    405
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yours had a cork, Jecca? Mine didn't. Did anyone else's have a cork?

  10. #10
    Inactive Member mom_to_an_americangirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 9th, 2003
    Posts
    248
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I actually had to throw out my real gourd. I am deathly allergic to mold (no kidding, I stop breathing when in contact with it) and I took addy down from the shelf in my non-humid bedroom. I unwrapped her satchel and found one really moldy gourd. I had hives for days!!!

    All kidding aside, natural products can and do deteriorate over time and how I was sad about losing the gourd I was glad that I could get a replacement!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •